Life changing events

Well a lot has changed over the, well past 9 months. Josh and I discovered we were pregnant on August 8th, 2012, We were able to tell our parents the good news on their wedding anniversaries that they were going to be first time grandparents. On October 24th we learned that we were having a boy. Josh and I were thrilled to death and said his name immediately after that doctor’s appointment where we did the ultrasound and learned his sex. At the time we weren’t sure if that would be his name but it stuck.

So in that time, we put up our house for sale, sold it the day before Christmas and moved out on February 8th, 2013. We moved into our new home where we will welcome Hunter Ray Ennis on March 1st. Since then, for the past 4 weeks, we have been updating the home and making it our own. I have felt a little helpless because I can’t move or life heavy boxes, paint or be around paint fumes for that matter or really anything that requires strain and bending over too much. We are lucky enough to have such amazing parents, siblings and friends who have helped do everything from paint, carry box after box of hard wood flooring, clean, install hardwood and laminate flooring, refinish kitchen countertops and turn the outdated home into something new and exciting with many personal touches.

Pregnancy has been a pure joy for me and I am lucky that I have had very little to complain about. It has been amazing to learn so much about pregnancy and the birth process we still have a lot to learn! Today I am 37 weeks and counting down the days. My doctor appointment went well this morning. He is still head down, has been since about 29 weeks at least and his heartbeat is in the 150 range. He moves a lot being the most active in the afternoon and while I am driving for some reason. I am not dilated at this point and he has not dropped. I think that I have been carrying very high and his little feet have been under my ribs for at least 10 weeks now. The first time I felt him move was around Thanksgiving and he has been a little active one ever since- he is going to be just like his Dad. I hope so! My cervix is thinned at 50%. Dr. Weiler let me know this morning that she doesn’t anticipate him to come early, not many first pregnancies do. That is a relief because last week my blood pressure spiked and I became concerned about preeclampsia. I haven’t encountered any swelling at all yet and never battled with morning sickness.

Sleeping has become more difficult recently but that is expected. I have been consistently going to the gym 3 times a week while pregnant. Before 33 weeks, it was typical for me to spend 1 hour on the high incline treadmill ever time I went to the gym. For a short while I was going before work and recently now that I am further along, I go to the gym on my lunch break 2-3 times a week and spend a half hour on that treadmill. I watch TV while walking uphill and a pretty fast pace and burn 500-750 calories in an hour. Now that my blood pressure is back down, I will be back at the gym- maybe tonight.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s