Well the event is over and we are finally able to rest, what a busy week! Feedback from all attendees and presenters have been nothing but positive and we all are satisfied with the outcomes of our first event. As I have explained, to Solution Tree this was an event like no other. We incorporated so many new and exciting details:
- Twitter hashtags #authorspeak and #solutiontree and we became top 10 trendsin the US, Canada, Brazil, England, China and Australia this week!http://twitter.com/search/%23authorspeak
- all electronic presenter handouts and evaluations
- NY Times Best seller keynote speaker – Daniel Pink http://www.danpink.com/
- 2 author dinners and evening receptions (see photos below)
- Panel Discussions during Lunch
I am sure you can tell from my elaboration but this will definitely go down as a highlight of my career. I enjoyed every minute and it was bittersweet when it ended. We concluded our day 3 with teacher and district of the year awards which I personally found to be gratifying.
After all attendees left and headed home, we enjoyed a champagne toast – all 40 of us on the on-site team as well as the JW sales team and our convention managers.
Here is a FOX NEWS story on our event and teaching the iGeneration-
And I won’t say it too loud but this should conclude my work travel for 2011!