It really feels like spring around here. It was nearly 80 degrees today! The flowers are in bloom and little tiny leaves are beginning to grow on our trees. I love the florescent green color of the freshly grown grass in mid-April and hearing the birds chirping in the yard. Those two things always bring back such fond and vivid memories of my first maternity leave with Hunter. Flowers, birds, grass, trees- there is new life everywhere and I often feel like a new person with a bigger smile and even brighter outlook after the long, cold, dark days of winter. The sun goes down much later already and it is getting harder to convince the boys that it actually is bed time. Spring has sprung!
How amazing to have an entire Tuesday evening to ourselves to do nothing but play outside. More and more, I am really feeling like a true boy mom. These boys are climbing trees, scraping knees, muddy boots and riding bikes. We had a catch outside with tennis balls and those sticky/ velcro type gloves. I can see Hunter really caring and excelling in his baseball skills. He is quick to teach his little brothers too which is fun to watch. Deacon catches on so quickly and Wyatt is just thrilled to be outside, in the grass, with his big bros.
And speaking of spring, did I mention we have a birthday boy? Hunter turned 6 last week! He loved celebrating with family and friends and he even got a birthday celebration at school!
What’s new with our 6 year old:
- Hunter performed in his kindergarten music program last week and sang and danced on stage!
- He is one of the oldest on his baseball team, they are the Braves! Hunter has had some great hits and plays at 1st base
- Hunter has really begun excelling in reading his sight words and has made tremendous progress this year in kindergarten
- His best friend Trey and him have been buddies since diapers. They ride the bus home together each day and play at after school care every week day
- He loves his little brothers and family very much. He asks if our close family friends can be considered his “real family” too.
- He has a memory that still is unbelievable to me. You can’t get anything past that boy!
- He is outgoing and makes friends with anyone that comes near him, like our neighbor on vacation, the checkout people at the store, the delivery man, he doesn’t know a stranger!
- He was spoiled to have his Granny and Aunt Dawn visit for his birthday weekend ❤
Happy birthday Hunter Ray!